Hello. Here is a list of the things I want to accomplish for this year with my reading.
- I need to read the books I own. I keep buying books but they sit on my shelf. So I need to buy less books and read the ones I already own. I also need to keep using the library so I can save money and it’s good to support your local community library whenever able.
- I want to read 175 books this year. Last year I read 277 so I don’t think this goal will be impossible.
- I want to be more consistent with keeping up with my blog. I tried to start a blog a few other times, but I gave up. I want to stick with this blog, trying to post at least twice a week so I can have a blog people read plus make sure I can keep getting books from NetGalley.
- I want to write good reviews for all of the books I read. I feel like it’s easy for me to jus write a review, and I know it helps the author. Hence, I want to write reviews or many of the books I liked along with those I may not have liked as much.
- Organize my Goodreads shelves. None of the books are placed into specific categories so I want to remedy that so I am able to find books I want without having to scroll for a long time. It’ll make my life a lot easier, I believe.
- I plan to scale down my goodreads TBR shelf this year. I don’t want it to become overwhelming and cause me anxiety so I just want to try and focus on the books I already placed on the shelf. They are there for a reason. They need to be read so I want to do that this year. It’d be great if I am able to get it down to less than 15.
- Read more diverse and own voices books. I’m sure this is a goal for a lot of people this year.
- I plan on reading more classics this year. I am actually doing this as a buddy reads with a friend so I can stay motivated. Did you know a lot of classics are free on Kindle or from Project Gutenberg? There’s no reason you can’t read more classic when they are free!
- I am doing a few rereads this year. My plan is the Twilight Saga, all of Sarah J Maas’ books I’ve read plus new ones. Also possibly starting Harry Potter over.
- Finally catch up on all of Cassandra Clare’s books. I own almost all of them. I just need to buy about three of them. Then I need to actually read them. I own all of them but they are just sitting on my shelf.
Those are my goals and plans for the year. I’m very excited to see what 2017 will bring for reading!